Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
About the Authority
The Franklin County Broadband Authority was created on November 21, 2017. See the following related documents.
- Legal Notice to recieve public comment on PPEA conceptual proposals and proposed comprehensive agreements for a system to provide fixed wireless broadband services and fiber extensions
- COMPREHENSIVE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE FRANKLIN COUNTY BROADBAND AUTHORITY, BLUE RIDGE TOWERS, INC., AND BLUE RIDGE INTERNET SERVICE COMPANY, LLC
- Shentel Performance Financing Agreement
- COVID-19 Broadband Resources
- Internet Providers Announce Policies for Coronavirus
- Shentel is offering new programs and incentives during the Coronavirus pandemic to help people access the internet. Shentel is working hard to be flexible and help people stay connected. Please access thislinkfor more information.
- Approved VATI application (PDF)
- For more information,view DHCD website
- Potential Coverage Area Maps (PDF)
for proposed Franklin County fixed wireless system - Phase 1.Please contact Briscnet
to inquire about this fixed wireless service for your home or business.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- PRESS RELEASE Revised- Broadband 4.1.20
- Broadband Assessment and Plan - August 2019 (PDF)
- Center for Innovative Technology Presentation - July 2017 (PPT)
- Guidelines and Policies of the Franklin County Broadband Authority (PDF)
- Public-Private Education Facilities and Infrastructure Act Guidelines for Broadband Authority (PDF)
- Resolution Adopting the Franklin County Broadband Authority (PDF)