County Street Signs

Street Signs

The General Properties Department is responsible for having street signs made and then having a crew go out to install/replace signs. This includes taking calls from citizens, police officers, etc.  If you have a "county" street sign down or have a concern about our street signs, please email General Properties or call us at 540-483-3087.  You may also complete our online Street Sign Request Form for reporting issues with county signs. 

We only service county signs, not signs within the Town of Rocky Mount or state highway signs (VDOT).

Town of Rocky Mount Residents

If you are a Town of Rocky Mount resident and need to report a Town street sign issue or have a Town street maintenance concern, please contact the Town of Rocky Mount Public Works Department.

Roadway Maintenance

The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) takes care of road problems such as:

  • Potholes
  • Culvert/Ditch Cleaning
  • Dead Animal Removal
  • Roadway Mowing
  • Snow Removal

Visit the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) website to view a more complete list of their services, or Report a Road Problem with VDOT if you need to place a road maintenance request.